- What reports and dashboards are available for a given topic?
- What metrics are used in a report? And how are they defined?
- Who has viewed which reports or dashboards?
- What reports exist even when I don't have access to them?
Audience: CIO, CMIO, BI Directors and Managers, anyone seeking to manage access to analytics content
Key operational questions: - How crowded is the emergency room?
- Is crowding getting worse?
- Are patients leaving because of higher volumes of visits or longer wait times?
- How severe are patients conditions when they come to the ED?
Audience: ED Managers, ED Nurse Managers, Admin Assistants and Quality Assurance
Key Metrics: ED Volumes, Total Cycle Time, Walk In Rate, Door to Triage, Acuity Volumes
- What percentage of ED patients leave without getting treatment?
- When are the business months, days, hours for the ED?
- What conditions are most patients being treated for?
- Which groups of patients experience the highest cost?
Audience: CMIO, Quality Director, Emergency Department Leaders
Metrics: ED LOS, ED LWBS Rate, Revenue, Fixed and Variable Costs
Key operational questions: - How well are appointment schedules managed for new vs. established patients?
- How are clinics performing against their revenue and productivity targets?
- Are patients waiting too long to get an appointment? Is their visit experience negatively impacted by long wait times?
- Where are the best opportunities to improve cycle time?
- What drives variability in provider productivity and performance?
Audience: Clinic Managers, Providers, Financial Analyst, Managers and Directors
Key Metrics: Encounter Volumes, Cycle Times, 3rd Next Available for New and Established Patients
Key operational questions:
- What are the most profitable services for IP and OP operations?
- Is IP revenue up because of higher admissions or longer stays?
- Which payer has the highest outstanding AR?
- What are the top/bottom revenue centers and where are opportunities to further increase revenue?
Audience: Financial Analyst, Managers and Directors
Key Metrics: Outpatient Revenue, Inpatient Revenue, LOS and Financial Class Volumes