Having choices is usually a good thing, but sometimes having too many choices can be overwhelming. For instance, it’s good to have a wide selection when shopping for a car, but sifting through the 25 different types of toothpaste at the grocery store can seem daunting. Healthcare organizations face a multitude of choices when selecting modules for their IT dashboard, but we’ve compiled a list of ten modules that should be included. Read on for the first five.
- Claims Management – By automating the management of claims from inception to resolution while incorporating best practices, this module helps healthcare organizations keep cash flow consistent while providing them with more thorough insight into their financial performance.
- Meaningful Use – Healthcare organizations that need to attain Meaningful Use certification can use this module to monitor their progress – it can display percentages of compliancy and provide status updates for different various MU objectives and measures. As with most dashboard modules, it can be customized to meet a provider’s specific requirements.
- Readmissions – Most hospitals are searching for methods of reducing patient readmissions, and this module enables them to assess which patients are most likely to be readmitted, track at-risk patients across the continuum of care and share those results with employees to improve outcomes. Plus, it can be used to better manage post-discharge care, which can significantly reduce readmission rates.
- Incident Reporting and Risk Management – This dashboard module records incidents, both potential and actual, analyzes them while calculating incident safety metrics, produces regulatory reports and provides automatic notifications to key staff members. It lets healthcare organizations identify incident trends and help prevent reoccurrences. On the risk management side, it streamlines the risk analysis and assessment processes while offering real-time and proactive transparency into risk intelligence.
- Reporting – User defined reporting modules give healthcare organizations an integrated and streamlined view of real-time business intelligence that supports important clinical, financial and operational functions. By enabling access to reports on analytics and KPIs, they provide insight into clinical quality and performance to help improve patient care.
At Syntrix Consulting, our healthcare business intelligence experts can help you devise optimal models to support your healthcare dashboard and business analytics solutions. We work with healthcare organizations of all sizes to implement, optimize and accelerate BI system development that let you keep an eye on the big picture while focusing on what matters most. Contact us today for a free consultation!If you’re looking to implement these healthcare dashboard models, the first step is to implement a reporting system, like Epic Reporting. Check out our FREE eBook below to see how easy an Epic Reporting implementation can be: