As we discussed in our last blog, healthcare organizations face a multitude of choices when selecting modules for their IT dashboard. The first five in our list of ten modules every healthcare dashboard should include were claims management, Meaningful Use, readmissions, incident reporting and risk management and reporting. This blog will focus on the rest of the list and explain the benefits each module offers.
6. Ad Hoc Reporting – By allowing for the creation of customized reports and prioritizing data analysis by the personnel who can make the most of the data analysis, this module provides greater visibility into clinical decision-making and net revenue performance. It lets staff members easily develop reports by drilling down into patient level details while meeting regulatory reporting requirements.
7. Revenue Cycle - Streamlining and automating revenue cycle functions allow healthcare organizations to standardize payment processing, reconciliation and denials management functions while improving revenue capture by identifying bottlenecks, minimizing audit risk by increasing audit controls and offering comprehensive reporting capabilities. Revenue Cycle modules provide a real-time snapshot of a provider’s revenue cycle performance and reduce costs from payment posting and denials management. They offer complete revenue cycle processing to increase cash flow, reduce bad debt and enhance staff productivity. They also provide early warning for possible inefficiencies or avoidable revenue losses.
8. Patient Portal – Healthcare dashboards with patient portal modules offer secure communication between providers and patient and can integrate with EHRs to offer patient access to personal health records. Plus, they assist physicians in fulfilling the patient engagement portion of Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements.
9. Referrals and Authorization – This module utilizes secure messaging for the electronic, rules-based routing of referrals and authorizations, thereby reducing turnaround times and time-consuming follow-up calls while improving provider and patient satisfaction.
10. Population Health Management (PHM) – The use of population health management is increasing throughout the healthcare industry, and PHM dashboard modules offer tools that allow providers to manage patient populations, identify and address gaps in care, track patient outreach and apply risk stratification models to specific patient populations. In addition, they can aggregate and normalize data from disparate EHRs to provide quality care management to selected populations.
Analytical dashboards allow healthcare organizations to enjoy almost real-time insight, view and track patient visits, measure health outcomes, manage appropriate access to private health information, analyze performance data and support quick problem solving. With our pre-built dashboards, proprietary BI system and customizable solutions, Syntrix Consulting can support all your healthcare data analytics needs. We can work with you to create custom dashboards that aggregate key data and replace the need for developing multiple reports. Contact us today for more information!
If you want to know more about the reporting capabilities of your EMR, it’s time to implement a robust reporting system like Epic. Read our FREE eBook below and see how simple an Epic Reporting implementation can be: